Tuesday, January 15, 2008

vinyl trend


We got out and measured a Barrington Contemporary on the water in the Rumstick Point section as shown on the right. You get there by going to the end of the road and going down a private lane at the edge of town. Lots of space and the owner wants to expand on the right.

More info on the misprinted Conquest singles. I was able to convince a seller from Colorado to put a set up for $60 and grabbed it immediately. Some sets have sold (and been listed) on ebay in the $120+ range but no one knows how many singles are out there.

Snapped this photo as a helicopter passed directly overhead this past weekend. Incredible how noising it is before they arrive and strangely silent immediately after they pass by. Notice the giant tree in the way? That's the one that keeps most of my backyard in the shade. Hopefully we can get rid of it soon enough.

Surprised to read about vinyl records in Time Magazine. The stat that stood out at me was the total of 990K vinyl records pressed this year. I question how they could come up with that number. Now I unfortuately admit that this rag arrives at my house via paid subscription. This democratic party newsletter is fun for the global cooling crowd and the letters are usually fun to read. And I'm sick of Joe Clinton-Klein who never fails to kiss ass with some clever clintonbot spin. Of course, the subscription "deal" I got runs out in November of this year. How convenient.

Don’t wait on this single. Here is the new super-group, Modern Action with their debut 7” single available from Interpunk.